Concern about indoor exposure to mould has been increasing as the public becomes aware that exposure to mould can cause a variety of health effects and symptoms, including allergic reactions.
Moulds reproduce by making spores that usually cannot be seen without magnification. mould spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mould spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. moulds gradually destroy the things they grow on.
Many types of moulds exist. All moulds have the potential to cause health effects. moulds can produce allergens that can trigger allergic reactions or even asthma attacks in people allergic to mould. Others are known to produce potent toxins and/or irritants. Potential health concerns are an important reason to prevent mould growth and to remediate/clean up any existing indoor mould growth.
When mould growth occurs in buildings, adverse health problems may be reported by some building occupants, particularly those with allergies or respiratory problems. It is important to appoint an experience remediation specialists company to ensure no cross contamination occurs during the decontamination/cleanup activities. Caution should also be used to prevent mould and mould spores from being dispersed throughout the air where they can be inhaled by building occupants.
Please note: Dead mould may still cause allergic reactions in some people, so it is not enough to simply kill the mould, it must also be removed.
Interested in our Mold Removal Service?
Call us at 6241 9443 to book our services.