World’s First Drying of Yarn Contaminated with
Soot, Mold Restored to Pre-Loss Condition
An electrical fire broke out in a textile factory in Malaysia. The yarn was badly damaged by soot, water and had mold growing within no time. The Yarn owner, decided to store the stock in the open area and waiting for the approval of the insurers to dispose it. Disaster Restoration Singapore (“DRS”) was called in by the insurers six month later to see if DRS could mitigate and restored the yarn to its pre loss condition. Disaster Restoration Singapore successfully restored 95% of the yarn. To our knowledge, this has never been attempt before. The insurers save million of dollars in claim.